Cold laser assists the body’s tissues in healing. When a tissue becomes diseased or injured, the metabolism of the cell is decreased. As the cold laser enters the tissue, it alters cell membrane permeability and is absorbed in the mitochondria of the cell, creating physiological changes. Research shows that cells of the body communicate with each other through coherent light, thus the reason that cold lasers have such a positive effect on the body. Cold lasers have pulsations that can be programmed and create different responses in the cell.
- Accelerate cellular reproduction and growth
- Promote faster wound healing
- Increase metabolic activity and oxygen to the cells
- Reduce scar tissue formation
- Reduce swelling and inflammation
- Increase vascular activity
- Stimulate nerve function